Sunday, December 14, 2008

When is a secret not a secret?

About 2 years ago, I created a yahoo email address solely for the purpose as a secret identity for Secret Pal's, Swap-bot, etc. Have used it ever since as such, thinking it was secret and showed the email address – that I thought was cute – and used as other ID's. But……………last week, I used the post to a Secret Pal on my KnitTalk list and got a surprise. When she replied to me on the post, I saw my name there, big as could be! Not the cute ID I had created or expected, but my big fat name! My current hostess in Secret Pal 13 tried to give me a hint, I see now, and I didn't catch it about my name showing. Soo, it has taken me several days to find how to change the name shown with the email address – so it is finally done! And I am sorry to all of the SP's of the past, taking away a little of the surprise!!

1 comment:

caillie said...

That totally happened to me too!!! My SP emailed me back asking if that was my name of all the horrors!!! Talk about your tummy sinking!!! YIKES!
It is good to know I am not the only one that did the same thing! :-)