Monday, March 02, 2009

Life sometimes is a tangle



I realize that I needed to dig down inside myself and pull out the things I am grateful for - instead of letting "life" swallow me up as I have for December, January and February - especially after the eye surgery. It was so so much more difficult than I had been prepared for or expected.

So I need to be thankful and appreciative that I am alive - there are people whose loved one didn't wake up this morning or will not tomorrow. So many take it for granted that there will always be a tomorrow - and it is not for certain. So for this, I am grateful.

I am also thankful for my family. My daughter brought me a beautiful orchid in bloom for my birthday - unfortunately the temperature was in the 20's and destroyed the blooms and buds on it. She was so disappointed - she said she put it in her jacket and thought it would be ok - but didn't cover it in her car or anything. But it was a really pretty color and I will baby it and hope it blooms again next year! She then brought me a bouquet of tulips and lunch one day - it was one of the first things I had eaten that didn't come out of a can or a freezer bag since my surgery. Made two meals out of it all. The boys both called and got me to meet them for lunch on my birthday - so that was thoughtful thing for them to do.

I am finally able to knit a little - getting some sight and improving on the eye hand coordination needed to knit - was a little funny when I first tried. Have one baby bootie finished out of the Koigu KPPM - now to finish the other. Had plans to deliver them tomorrow, but its not going to happen. Knitting has been so relaxing and I missed it terribly.

Someone who I had mentioned and prayed for during her tough time and subsequent surgery wrote in her blog things that made me ashamed that I had let the months swallow me up, instead of facing them head on with the same courage she showed - through a much much more difficult surgery and life altering recovery. Most of you probably read Alison H's blog but if you don't you should!

So I am going to keep the link for this entry, and when I feel that "feeling" coming again, I am going to read this and remember - it takes courage to keep on going sometimes.

No comments: